[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43516: Allowing default category to be applied to all CPT associated to 'category' taxonomy

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 10 09:06:25 UTC 2018

#43516: Allowing default category to be applied to all CPT associated to 'category'
taxonomy
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  enrico.sorcinelli  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |     Status:  new
Component:  Taxonomy           |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 This patch allows to apply the default category term also for post types
 that have the `category` taxonomy, not only for `post`.

 It's not a too remote case to register new post type and associate it also
 with the `category` taxonomy.
 Currently in this case, the `default_category` option value is never
 applied.

 I sent two patches. The first one apply the default category term to all
 post types associated with the `category` taxonomy.

 If for legacy reason we don't want introduce any behaviour compatibility
 break - for example with third party plugins - I sent the second one that
 introduce a new `default_category_post_types` filter allowing to define
 for which post types (in addition to `post`) to set the
 `default_category`.