[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their private data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 9 12:58:01 UTC 2018

#43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their
private data
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by xkon):

 Yes so since we can save it the difference comes to:

 1] Give 1 interface with options and a save button to select anything from
 all the plugins hooked.

 2] The admin has to go on each plugin and select what he wants.

 That's why if I look at it as a user I'd prefer no.1 instead of having to
 go on each plugin.

 If you throw in the case of multiple plugins writing the same stuff ( i.e.
 address and even on the same table sometimes as it happens ). It would be
 even easier if you had a unified list to just keep 1 for example. If you
 had to go through each plugin separately you might even forget what you
 have selected 2 mins ago :D.

 From an 'experience' and ease perspective, having 1 unified UI for it is
 way better in my mind.

--