[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their private data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 24 08:09:07 UTC 2018

#43437: Add way for registered users to request deletion or anonymization of their
private data
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by azaozz):

 * keywords:  gdpr needs-patch => needs-patch

Comment:

 To clear things up a bit: this ticket is about adding two buttons to the
 user profile screen:
 - Delete my account.
 - Export my data.

 These buttons will trigger the confirmation email directly without an
 admin needing to do it (we will use the registered user's email for that).
 As the buttons won't be on the front-end, don't think we will need to care
 much about misuse, perhaps only reject duplicate requests.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43437#comment:21>