[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42785: Change default of `show_in_rest` in register_post_type and register_taxonomy

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 21 13:06:53 UTC 2018

#42785: Change default of `show_in_rest` in register_post_type and
register_taxonomy
 Reporter:  joehoyle                             |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by andizer):

 I was looking at the latest diff file and I have one point of
 consideration. I discovered the following being used twice, why not
 wrapping this a function, make it reusable?
  {{{#!php
 <?php
 $show_in_rest_default = false;
 if ( ! empty( $args['public'] ) || ! empty( $args['publicly_queryable'] )
 ) {
     $show_in_rest_default = true;
 }
 }}}

 Another thing to consider is assigning the if-statement directly to the
 variable:

  {{{#!php
 <?php
 $show_in_rest_default = ( ! empty( $args['public'] ) || ! empty(
 $args['publicly_queryable'] ) );

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42785#comment:35>