[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42428: wp-emoji pops up privacy hanger in Firefox with privacy.resistFingerprinting turned on

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 7 16:12:11 UTC 2018

#42428: wp-emoji pops up privacy hanger in Firefox with
privacy.resistFingerprinting turned on
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  robinwhittleton  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by seanking2919):

 Yeah. I definitely think having an emojis core turned on/off solution
 would be best, especially right now. In the near future, I think having
 talks with Tor Browser devs (and maybe even Brave devs because they block
 emoji rendering if you have the "Block all fingerprinting" option enabled)
 about this would help so that we can understand the privacy concerns about
 using Canvas API to render emojis. Another thing I think we need to do is
 look into other ways to render emojis without the need for Canvas API.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42428#comment:13>