[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44671: The "Try Gutenberg" call-out needs an explicit warning for users of assistive technology users and keyboard only users to install the classic editor plugin, complete with its own heading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 31 11:49:21 UTC 2018

#44671: The "Try Gutenberg" call-out needs an explicit warning for users of
assistive technology users and keyboard only users to install the classic
editor plugin, complete with its own heading
-------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  arush        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by pento):

 * milestone:  4.9.8 => 4.9.9

Comment:

 Thank you for the suggestion, @arush!

 I appreciate your point that Gutenberg still needs improvement for
 assistive technology and keyboard-only users, though I think it's a little
 unfair to describe the Gutenberg team's attitude as "complete
 accessibility and usability, (or the lack thereof), are not blockers when
 it comes to release of Gutenberg".

 As we get closer to WordPress 5.0, there's a good discussion to be had
 over how we recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, and who we
 recommend it to, but I think it's premature to be recommending that an
 entire demographic opt-out now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44671#comment:7>