[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17028: Move the "last edited at" text and saved/updated/published notices in post/page editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 22 16:25:09 UTC 2018

#17028: Move the "last edited at" text and saved/updated/published notices in
post/page editor
 Reporter:  jane                                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  testing ux-feedback needs-refresh close        |  administration
Changes (by garusky):

 * keywords:  editorial-flow has-patch needs-testing ux-feedback needs-
     refresh => editorial-flow has-patch needs-testing ux-feedback needs-
     refresh close

Comment:

 A few weeks ago we discussed in the design channel on this old ticket. We
 agreed that adjusting the classic editor at this point is something we can
 avoid and focus on Gutenberg.
 However, I wanted to analyze better the point 2 and on the user experience
 side I would like to add that:
 1. Moving the notification messages near the publish box would be negative
 on mobile because when the page is reloaded, the page itself scroll to the
 top and they will not be seen anymore.
 2. Some texts of the notifications are very long (for example that of the
 revisions) and they would be difficult to lay out in the small publish
 box.
 For these reasons I suggest **closing this task** for points 1. and 2a.

 As suggested by @melchoyce I opened a separate ticket #44626 for point 2b.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17028#comment:13>