[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44617: Introduce new 'hasBlock' behavior for TinyMCE 'BeforeSetContent' and 'SaveContent' events

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 20 13:28:04 UTC 2018

#44617: Introduce new 'hasBlock' behavior for TinyMCE 'BeforeSetContent' and
'SaveContent' events
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by danielbachhuber):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 To test `44617.1.diff`:

 1. Revert https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/2708 locally
 (probably on a test branch).

 2. Create a post in the Classic Editor with the following:

 {{{
 <!-- wp:shortcode -->
 [column]

 I daresay that Fry has discovered the smelliest object in the known
 universe! For the last time, I don't like lilacs! Your 'first' wife was
 the one who liked lilacs! No argument here. A true inspiration for the
 children.

 [/column]
 <!-- /wp:shortcode -->

 <!-- wp:paragraph -->
 <!-- /wp:paragraph -->

 <!-- wp:shortcode -->
 [my-awesome-shortcode]
 <!-- /wp:shortcode -->
 }}}

 3. Apply the `44617.1.diff` patch, run `grunt build`, switch to the Visual
 editor, and force refresh.

 4. Switch back to the Text editor and observe the following:

 {{{
 <!-- wp:shortcode -->[column] I daresay that Fry has discovered the
 smelliest object in the known universe! For the last time, I don't like
 lilacs! Your 'first' wife was the one who liked lilacs! No argument here.
 A true inspiration for the children. [/column]<!-- /wp:shortcode -->

 <!-- wp:paragraph --><p>It has a normal paragraph block</p><!--
 /wp:paragraph -->

 <!-- wp:shortcode -->[my-awesome-shortcode]<!-- /wp:shortcode -->
 }}}

 You'll note newlines are stripped, which I'm undecided as to whether is
 still a bug. At the very least, the paragraph tags in the Paragraph Block
 persist, and no paragraph tags are applied to the Shortcode Blocks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44617#comment:1>