[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44617: Introduce new 'hasBlock' behavior for TinyMCE 'BeforeSetContent' and 'SaveContent' events

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 20 13:21:23 UTC 2018

#44617: Introduce new 'hasBlock' behavior for TinyMCE 'BeforeSetContent' and
'SaveContent' events
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  has-patch
  Focuses:                   |
 When TinyMCE editor content has Gutenberg blocks in it, we can assume
 `<p>` paragraph tags are included too. In this scenario,
 `wp.editor.autop()` should not be applied to the content.

 However, even when `wp.editor.autop()` isn't applied, TinyMCE applies
 `<p>` paragraph tags to all root nodes (e.g. the content of Shortcode
 Blocks). We can mitigate this behavior by stripping `<p>` paragraph tags
 from Shortcode Blocks on the 'SaveContent' event.

 From [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/4672
 wordpress/gutenberg#4672]