[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44532: Extreme memory leak related to wp_is_stream in wp-includes/functions.php in WordPress 4.9.7

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 11 18:34:40 UTC 2018

#44532: Extreme memory leak related to wp_is_stream in wp-includes/functions.php in
WordPress 4.9.7
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  timbowesohft  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by ddenev):

 Replying to [comment:16 pandraka]:
 > Is there a time estimate as to when a fix will be available.  My site is
 experiencing a Fatal error:

 > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152000 bytes exhausted (tried to
 allocate 17179869292 bytes) in E:\Apache2\htdocs\nwgvcop\wp-
 includes\functions.php on line 5231

 > I'm trying to determine whether to wait for a fix or rollback wordpress
 to 4.9.6

 > Any suggestions?

 1. Apply the workaround in the link I provided above
 2. Stop automatic updates by adding define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false
 ); to wp-config.php
 3. Wait for a proper fix

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44532#comment:17>