[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44441: Remove the settings for "medium" and "large" image sizes from Settings => Media

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 5 21:07:10 UTC 2018

#44441: Remove the settings for "medium" and "large" image sizes from Settings =>
Media
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz        |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I would really like to see these removed. In saying that I absolutely
 understand all fallbacks and a solid route needs to be worked out, it's
 something needs assessing but it is something needs doing. I totally agree
 we need to know the stress cases for this to plan.

 A few additional aspects include making sure there's time for this change,
 education and training materials will need to change for users.

 Ultimately though many users don't get what these sizes mean, it's a
 complication we don't need so let's work out how we as smoothly as
 possible remove these.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44441#comment:13>