[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site Setting"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 08:41:19 UTC 2018

#38869: Change "Site Default" in User Profile Options for Language to "Site
Setting"
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by swissspidy):

 > I'd also suggest removing the default site language from the list, so
 it's not duplicated.

 Worth pointing out that these "duplicate" entries serve different
 purposes.

 When the site language is set to English (US) and I pick "Site Default" as
 my user language, an empty string is saved to the database.

 Now, when the site language changes to German, my user language will be
 German as well because I simply inherit the site language.

 However, when I explicitly choose English (US) as my user language and the
 site language changes to something else, my user language will still be
 English.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38869#comment:11>