[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40674: Images still cannot be uploaded within ALL of the sections in the wp-admin Selection: All Content section.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 18 05:18:11 UTC 2018

#40674: Images still cannot be uploaded within ALL of the sections in the wp-admin
Selection: All Content section.
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  wordpresshater2    |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  new
Changes (by antpb):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback
 * type:  defect (bug) => feature request
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Hi @wordpresshater2 !

 I'm unsure of the bug you're seeing. Is this in regard to the Gallery
 component or in regard to how uploaded media is handled in admin? I'm not
 sure this is a bug more so than a feature request. Could you give a little
 more info?

   Images still canmot be uploaded within ALL of the sections in the wp-
 admin Selection: All Content section.

 Which sections of admin are you not able to add media?

  you could allow the user or hired web devs for IT clients to have server
 access to remove non-working element linked into a web page

 I think what you are describing is remote access to a server housing
 external resources? In which case, I think that would be something that
 would best be made in a plugin rather than Core WordPress. That sort of
 backdoor could be dangerous for everyone if it is how I'm understanding
 your explanation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40674#comment:1>