[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40339: If $home_path=='wp' then WP::parse_request() will remove 'wp' from 'wp-json/wc/v1/products' in $pathinfo

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 12 02:33:30 UTC 2018

#40339: If $home_path=='wp' then WP::parse_request() will remove 'wp' from 'wp-
json/wc/v1/products' in $pathinfo
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Magenta Cuda               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch needs-testing

Comment:

 Hey @Magenta-Cuda and welcome back to Trac.

 In most cases, `PHP_INFO` should only be the trailing component, however
 that's not always the case unfortunately.
 IIS (particularly older versions I think) actually pass the whole
 `REQUEST_URI` in there - see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
 us/library/ms524602(v=vs.90).aspx

 I'm wondering if we can change this regex to effectively be:
 {{{
 $home_path_regex = '!^wp(?:/|$)!i'
 $pathinfo = 'wp-json/wc/v1/products'

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40339#comment:1>