[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43028: Remove numbers before month in dropdown, it makes user confused when drowdown is not opened

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 5 14:06:18 UTC 2018

#43028: Remove numbers before month in dropdown, it makes user confused when
drowdown is not opened
-----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  nilamacharya     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by birgire):

 * keywords:   => has-screenshots
 * focuses:  administration => ui, administration
 * version:  4.9.1 => 3.3

Comment:

 @nilamacharya Welcome to WordPress trac

 I must admit that this has confused me too, as e.g. {{{01-jan}}} looks
 like "1st of January" to me.

 The dropdown is generated within the {{{touch_time()}}} function:

 {{{
 $month .= sprintf( __( '%1$s-%2$s' ), $monthnum, $monthtext ) .
 "</option>\n";

 }}}

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.9/src/wp-
 admin/includes/template.php#L726

 This {{{01-jan}}} format was introduced in version 3.3:

 > For those people who have trouble converting numerical dates to text
 month names, let's amend the date picker month dropdown to include the
 month number as well, credit card form style.

 See ticket #18838 and changeset [18860].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43028#comment:1>