[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39044: W3C Validator warning: Article lacks heading. Consider using h2-h6 elements to add identifying headings to all articles

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 19 21:13:49 UTC 2018

#39044: W3C Validator warning: Article lacks heading. Consider using h2-h6 elements
to add identifying headings to all articles
 Reporter:  henry.wright  |       Owner:

Comment (by audrasjb):

 ''Discussed today during accessibility team meetup.''

 William Patton send us a stat from theme repository:
 About 30% of themes in directory use HTML5 comments (and then, `<article>`
 HTML element).

 Seems to be difficult to manage in terms of backward compatibility…

 We can later ask Theme Review Team to get an accurate figure on how many
 of those themes are targeting `<article>` inside of comments for styling
 as well so we can get a decent figure of impact.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39044#comment:4>