[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 18 18:03:37 UTC 2018

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a
Windows based server
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by pscolv):

 Using Buddypress + Wordpress 4.9.4, I am unable to use the "cover image"
 feature on my local windows install because of this issue.

 PIn the short term, it would be great to have a filter within this
 function, allowing to tweak the validation criterias based on environment
 variables (WP_DEBUG for instance), such that we can deploy a workaround on
 our websites.

 Thanks,

 Pascal.

--