[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43249: [BUG] REDIRECTION ISSUE: Japanese characters in query string on home page when "A static page" option enbled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 7 17:15:05 UTC 2018

#43249: [BUG] REDIRECTION ISSUE: Japanese characters in query string on home page
when "A static page" option enbled
 Reporter:  jomgapuz      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.9.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hello,

 I have found a bug that when a static page option is enabled from here:
 http://jom.x10.mx/wp-admin/options-reading.php

 Then, you accessed the home page with the Japanese characters on the query
 string, it causes redirection issues “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”.

 Example links are:

 http://jom.x10.mx/?%E3%83%89%E3%83%A0%E3%83%BB%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%97

 http://jom.x10.mx/index.php?%E3%82%B6%E3%82%AF%E2%85%A1F%E5%9E%8B%EF%BC%88%E7%A0%B2%E6%92%83%E8%A3%85%E5%82%99%EF%BC%89

 You can test this on any self hosted WordPress installation with the
 “static page” option enabled. This causes our client’s SERP to have been
 ruined.

 http://www.almondmarketing.co.uk/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%A0%E3%83%BB%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%97

 http://www.almondmarketing.co.uk/index.php?%E3%82%B6%E3%82%AF%E2%85%A1F%E5%9E%8B%EF%BC%88%E7%A0%B2%E6%92%83%E8%A3%85%E5%82%99%EF%BC%89