[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45653: Embed a youtube video block in gutenberg editor shows black screen area does not display video

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 15 01:19:05 UTC 2018

#45653: Embed a youtube video block in gutenberg editor shows black screen area
does not display video
 Reporter:  merylh        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.0.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Wordpress version 5.0.1. Dreamhost Linux/apache host. When i add a post to
 wordpress using the embed youtube block, it requests for a link and I have
 tried using both the share youtube link as well as the browser link and
 the video appears to play in the editor. however, once you preview draft
 or publish and view the post, the video is just black and you cannot click
 on it.

 I tried to used the youtube embed iframe and was successful if I put it in
 a custom html block. The video displays fine. It must the way the code
 embeds and not the system because the embed iframe really uses the same
 link src but the parameters are different than when you use the embed
 block.