[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44835: Add a hidden input for 'original_post_status' to the inline-edit rows so it's available on the $_POST in save_post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 23 20:14:05 UTC 2018

#44835: Add a hidden input for 'original_post_status' to the inline-edit rows so
it's available on the $_POST in save_post
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 Can we add a hidden input for 'original_post_status' into the '.inline-
 edit-save' div found in the inline-edit rows so that it's available on the
 $_POST object form save_post as it is when you save a post from the post
 edit screen.

 Background: I am writing a plugin for a client to introduce Draft
 Revisions on published posts. I have a cleanup function tied to save_post
 which purges the Draft Revisions if the post being saved has a status of
 'publish' or was previously 'publish'. From normal post submission the
 original_post_status is available on the $_POST as it's a hidden input on
 the post editor. From inline-edits this fails as there's no hidden input
 for original_post_status.

 I searched for some time to come up with a solution and settled on a
 jquery trigger which injected the missing input when the inline-edit row
 opens. With it present the existing ajax/etc fires properly and populated
 the missing $_POST['original_post_status'] that I required.

 Proposition: Add the hidden input for original_post_status onto the inline
 edit rows to make that information available to save_post.

 Thank you