[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44674: Privacy Bulk Action 'Remove' should be 'Delete' or 'Move to Trash' to follow convention

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 21 14:45:19 UTC 2018

#44674: Privacy Bulk Action 'Remove' should be 'Delete' or 'Move to Trash' to
follow convention
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
  screenshots i18n-change ux-        |  privacy
  feedback                           |

Comment (by JoshuaWold):

 I'm torn on this. Really appreciate the great thoughts here!

 1. "Delete request" seems to make the most sense, if all we're ever doing
 with this command is truly deleting requests.
 2. I didn't see an example where a removed request shows up anywhere else,
 in fact it seems that they disappear completely from the system, so delete
 seems appropriate here.
 3. Whatever wording we use for the dropdown should also be used for the
 confirmation message (it currently says "deleted X request")

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44674#comment:15>