[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use e.g de_DE-formal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 14 17:26:45 UTC 2018

#42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use
e.g de_DE-formal
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  erich_k4wp    |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Drumsk8):

 Hello I recently just had this exact issue and it was driving me crazy I
 couldn't find a solution, however, I've found one. \\
 \\
 It was being caused by my user account not having a language set, it was
 supposed to be using the default site language(English US) but wasn't
 actually defined.\\
 \\
 Having now defined the langauge as English US, it's now working for me. \\
 \\
 This was affecting both version 4.9.7 & updated to 4.9.8.\\
 \\
 Just sharing this experiance as it may save someone else a ton of time and
 bother.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42574#comment:61>