[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43910: Add actions and filters so plugins can easily extend export/erasure functionality

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 13 21:47:01 UTC 2018

#43910: Add actions and filters so plugins can easily extend export/erasure
functionality
 Reporter:  xkon                                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by xkon):

 @audrasjb thanks for the patches !

 I'm not sure if all those page actions are needed. The idea was to add
 filters / actions to help tap into the actual tools not the 'pages', let's
 try to not convert the wp-admin into a theme that has 1 action every other
 thinking about personally ).

 But! Since that start has been made, I wouldn't mind keeping 2 of them,
 these would be the actions right after the Export / Erasure page titles,
 that can come handy to add some more Help text for example there if
 needed. I know that some people wouldn't mind having an 'what this tool
 does' paragraph within the tools themselves for example, so some devs &
 admins might find that handy.

 The WP_List_Table query filter that @birgire mentioned and as @desrosj
 said before/after an export/erasure happens ( even passing some data like
 a user id / mail ) could come handy for sure and I totally agree.

 As for the texts I wouldn't touch them at all as @azaozz mentions they're
 there to stay and should be changed by core only if needed on each
 release. If there's an action needed there to 'add more' that's ok, but
 altering the text itself I'm not in favor of doing it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43910#comment:24>