[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43896: Several flex and grid CSS properties listed as Unknown property in Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 29 01:11:57 UTC 2018

#43896: Several flex and grid CSS properties listed as Unknown property in
Customizer
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  davidjlaietta  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 When I use the CSS editor in the Customizer it suggests element properties
 as I start typing them. One of the properties that it suggests is the
 justify-items property. When I save the settings in the Customizer I get a
 notice of "Unknown property 'justify-items'."

 I've checked some of the other flexbox and grid properties, and there are
 several others that this is the case for, namely:
 - justify-items
 - grid-gap
 - grid-column-gap
 - grid-row-gap
 - place-self

 The properties still work in supported browsers, they just display an
 error in the Customizer. Some valid values for properties that are
 recognized also give errors, such as the values of start and end for
 several grid properties.