[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 28 16:34:27 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
--------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  allendav            |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by desrosj):

 Replying to [comment:30 iandunn]:

 > * First pass at a cron job instead of manually calling
 `wp_privacy_delete_old_export_files()` when generating a new file. Right
 now it's setup on the admin side, because
 `wp_schedule_delete_old_privacy_export_files()` is in `wp-
 admin/includes/file.php`, but I think it'll need to be moved to a front-
 end include file, because otherwise the job is even less likely to run as
 often as needed on small sites.

 As far as I know, when a cron runs it is never considered to be an admin
 request. `wp_privacy_delete_old_export_files()` will need to be moved to a
 different file, with the action hook for the cron as noted in your
 comments. I think `wp_schedule_delete_old_privacy_export_files()` is fine
 where it is (it should only be scheduled when in the admin). @iandunn what
 do you think about putting this in `wp-includes/functions.php` at the
 bottom? This has been where a lot of the privacy functions have gone.

 > * Adds `@group privacy` to the unit tests. If someone has time, it'd be
 good to make sure all the GDPR tests have this.

 I made a note for this to check after beta.

 Thanks! Great work on this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:33>