[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of personal data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 20 20:26:16 UTC 2018

#43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of
personal data
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz                          |       Owner:  mikejolley
     Type:  enhancement                     |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mnelson4):

 I tested this out on trunk and it worked fine.

 Maybe the text shown to the user could give more direction about what to
 do **after** they've clicked the link.

 Here's the content from an email that I generated on my test site:

 > Howdy,
 > A request has been made to perform the following action on your account:
 > Export Personal Data
 > To confirm this, please click on the following link: {link}
 > You can safely ignore and delete this email if you do not want to take
 this action.
 > This email has been sent to {email}.
 > Regards,
 > All at {sitename}

 And then when the link is clicked, the user sees

 > Action has been confirmed.

 I think we should add instructions on what the user should do next.
 Something like this:

 > Action has been confirmed. The site administrator has been notified and
 will fulfill your request as soon as possible.

 Or something like that. The key point being that it says they need to wait
 for the admin to do something now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43443#comment:34>