[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43775: Three-way conflict between WordPress Revisions, and UpdraftPlus plugin, and Galleries by Angie Makes plugin; Sharefaith website

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 15 03:45:49 UTC 2018

#43775: Three-way conflict between WordPress Revisions, and UpdraftPlus plugin, and
Galleries by Angie Makes plugin; Sharefaith website
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  larzarino     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Clorith):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Old description:

> Sat, 14 April 2018    about 2:30 PM Pacific Time USA
>
> SUBJ: Three-way conflict between WordPress Revisions, and UpdraftPlus
> plugin, and Galleries by Angie Makes plugin; Sharefaith website
>
> Background: I am relatively new to WordPress. This occurred on my
> Sharefaith Wordpress website.
>
> I set up a workflow environment which includes backing up (UpdraftPlus).
> Yesterday, as a test, I made a change on a page and published it which
> generated a new "revision" of that page — but a problem cropped up:
> "Revisions" did not show up. Let's put it this way: I had a shit-fit (I
> went ballistic). Where was "Revisions"? My software-engineer-husband got
> involved, and determined that when he DEactivated UpdraftPlus,
> "Revisions" showed up. When he (RE)activated UpdraftPlus, Revisions did
> not show up. AGAIN, when he DEactivated UpdraftPlus, Revisions showed up.
> One or the other of UpdraftPlus and Revisions showed up but never at the
> same time.
>
> It appears I can have either Revisions or UpdraftPlus, but not both at
> the same time. But… there was a third plugin running/active: "Galleries
> by Angie Makes" — a plugin I had not spotted earlier.
>
> I had an aha: Maybe this third plugin has something to do with the
> problem.
>
> I said, "I have to deactivate THAT plugin too." So I DEactivated
> "Galleries by Angie Makes."
>
> Lo and behold, I did a couple tests, and now Revisions works fine WHILE
> UpdraftPlus is active. Yahoo!!
>
> Therefore, my hypothesis is: There is a three-way conflict between
> Wordpress Revisions, and UpdraftPlus plugin, and Galleries by Angie Makes
> plugin.
>
> I have done my duty now by telling all three parties: Wordpress.org;
> UpdraftPlus; Galleries by Angie Makes, of the bug.  You all figure the
> rest out.
>
> I don't need a reply.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Laura

New description:

[...]

 Hiya, and welcome to WordPress' bugtracker.

 As you've mentioned, this is a plugin conflict, and the core WordPress
 software behaves as expected when the plugins are disabled. As such I'm
 going to close this ticket as `invalid` from our end, it should be fixed
 by the plugins causing the conflict at this time.

 You did mention having informed them of the issue, so I expect they'll get
 to it when they have a chance. Thank you for taking the time to track down
 the cause though, as I am certain that may help others in the same
 situation as well!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43775#comment:1>