[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43729: Pagination on static Post page not working after changing Permalink Catagory Base

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 10 11:15:14 UTC 2018

#43729: Pagination on static Post page not working after changing Permalink
Catagory Base
 Reporter:  jokr1985      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Taxonomy      |    Version:  4.9.5
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Dear WP team,

 when I use a custom structure like: /news/%postname%/ + additionally set
 the catgory base to news, the pagination will not work on the static post
 page - it returns a 404 error. I'm also not able to open the archives for
 the tags anymore (404).

 I was able to reproduce this issue on a fresh WP installation with 4.9.5.

 I was neither able to find a solution in support forum nor a ticket
 addressing this bug.

 Kind regards
 Jo