[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43706: Email with link to change admin email does not include proposed new email address.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 6 00:05:16 UTC 2018

#43706: Email with link to change admin email does not include proposed new email
address.
 Reporter:  sshanky       |       Owner:

Comment (by sshanky):

 I just rehosted a site for a client, and am now receiving emails from the
 site stating I've recently requested to have the administration email
 changed. I didn't request it, and I've deleted the account the former
 admin could have used to log in. I've also changed all other passwords,
 and the host has changed.

 This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I tried
 clicking the link to see if it would tell me the proposed new email that
 was requested, but instead it just authorized the change. And I couldn't
 change it back, because the confirmation email went to the new,
 unauthorized email. So I changed it directly in the database and now know
 better than to click the link.

 I am trying to figure out how these emails are being generated...any
 ideas? Email I'm receiving is below.

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43706#comment:1>