[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42937: Success Message should display on insertion of new category in Taxonomy page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 4 15:06:05 UTC 2018

#42937: Success Message should display on insertion of new category in Taxonomy
page
 Reporter:  manishamakhija                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by birgire):

 I had another look at this and I would suggest we limit the scope of the
 ticket to the existing "added" messages. We can see the existing messages
 here:

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/4.9.5/src/wp-admin/includes
 /edit-tag-messages.php

 There are only three variations for "added":

 - Category added.
 - Tag added.
 - Item added.

 where the last one is for a taxonomy that's neither a {{{category}}} or a
 {{{post_tag}}}.

 I also think we should have the "added" ajax admin notice dismissable.

 Usually that's done via CSS classes like: {{{notice is-dismissible}}}.

 But that's not triggered here via ajax. I think a workaround for that is
 to trigger the {{{'wp-updates-notice-added'}}} event.

 - Adds a message according to the three existing variations, mentioned
 above.
 - Adds CSS classes to the admin notice.
 - Makes the admin notice dismissable, by triggering the {{{'wp-updates-
 notice-added'}}} event.

 Further:

 - If we want to modify the "added" message, then I think a new ticket
 would serve it better.
 - I wonder if the "deleted" message should be considered too? (If so then
 in another ticket).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42937#comment:8>