[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41965: WP Cron job not created for future scheduled post (causing Missed Schedule situation later)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 3 05:50:54 UTC 2018

#41965: WP Cron job not created for future scheduled post (causing Missed Schedule
situation later)
-------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  andersheie         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by peterwilsoncc):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * version:  4.8.2 =>
 * component:  Cron API => Posts, Post Types
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Welcome to trac, I'm sorry for the delayed response.

 I've tested this using the WordPress Backbone REST API client and am
 unable to reproduce.

 The steps I followed were:

 - create and save a draft post via the rest API.
 {{{#!javascript
 pwcc = new wp.api.models.Post( { title: 'Draft via REST API', status:
 'draft', date: '2018-05-01 00:00:00' } );
 pwcc.save();
 }}}

 - modify the date and schedule the post per step B above.

 I'm going to close this ticket of for now as invalid (which is trac's
 unfriendly term for unable to reproduce), feel free to add further details
 to the ticket if needs be.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41965#comment:1>