[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42041: Localization files for core themes in the languages directory should not exist if core theme is not installed.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 30 11:08:22 UTC 2017

#42041: Localization files for core themes in the languages directory should not
exist if core theme is not installed.
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  henriquemattos  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by henriquemattos):

 Replying to [comment:1 swissspidy]:
 > Hey there,
 >
 > Thanks for your report and welcome to Trac!
 >
 > As mentioned in #18200, translation files are not deleted when removing
 a plugin or theme. So on your site these aren't installed with the latest
 WordPress update, but they were there before.

 Wow! I'm really impressed with the speed of the assignment. Thank you very
 much.

 As mentioned, I didn't check before if the files were there. I removed the
 unused themes and a couple days later there was the WP update. After that,
 Sucuri Scanner started mentioning this files in the Core Integrity Check.
 I had to delete them manually.

 Let me know if any further information should be provided.

 Kindly regards,
 Henrique Mattos

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42041#comment:2>