[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42041: Localization files for core themes in the languages directory should not exist if core theme is not installed.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 30 10:59:35 UTC 2017

#42041: Localization files for core themes in the languages directory should not
exist if core theme is not installed.
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  henriquemattos            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N                      |    Version:  4.8.1
 Severity:  normal                    |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, template  |
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I'm not sure if the language files were kept in the wp-content/languages
 when I removed the twenty* themes from the admin or if they were
 downloaded back when updated WordPress to 4.8.2. Either way, themes are
 not presented, so shouldn't be the localization files.

 Currently I don't have a test system to reproduce it. I'm sorry.

 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyfifteen-pt_BR.mo
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyseventeen-pt_BR.mo
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentytwelve-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentythirteen-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyfourteen-pt_BR.mo
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentytwelve-pt_BR.mo
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyfifteen-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyfourteen-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentythirteen-pt_BR.mo
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentysixteen-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentyseventeen-pt_BR.po
 wp-content/languages/themes/twentysixteen-pt_BR.mo