[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42011: wp_mail(): $from_email generation produce error with nginx default vhost '_'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 27 20:39:56 UTC 2017

#42011: wp_mail(): $from_email generation produce error with nginx default vhost
'_'
 Reporter:  benprowp      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Mail          |    Version:  4.8.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hello,

 I have an nginx default vhost with the server_name setted at `_`.

 {{{
 server_name _;
 }}}

 This cause the generation of from_email to: `wordpress at _`.
 And I saw no errors catched/displayed by WordPress. I needed to debug
 manually
 `wp-includes/pluggable.php`.

 You should display why the mail cannot be send, at least in debug mode!
 And maybe you should not use `$sitename = strtolower(
 $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] );`, but the address of the WordPress `siteurl`.