[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 27 13:11:11 UTC 2017

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  reviewing
  user-testing has-patch needs-      |  javascript
  testing ux-feedback                |

Comment (by folletto):

 > Maybe [...]

 Yep Mel, these options seem good to me if we prefer these over the
 current. :)

 > We also need to try to address the distinction between the live and
 previewed theme when they're different

 I think it can be done by changing the label from "Current theme" to
 "Previewed theme"? :)

 One thing I wonder about the "Previewed theme", this is a question for
 discussion, I'm not sure myself: what if we show BOTH the production one
 and the previewed one when a theme is currently being previewed? Would
 make the concept of "this is not live yet" sharp clear, or add more
 confusion?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:208>