[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41881: Able to get simple test to work as an independent html, but on the backend widget side, it does not work בס''ד

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 15 11:35:55 UTC 2017

#41881: Able to get simple test to work as an independent html, but on the backend
widget side, it does not work בס''ד
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  stephenshalomisraelorg  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by stephenshalomisraelorg):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 <pre>
 בס''ד</pre>

 The ticked was closed by the previous contributor, but the issue remains
 open on my side.  There was not provided any reason why the ticket should
 be closed, so I am reopening it.

 I am using GoDaddy hosting for php.

 I pressed Shift-Control-C with the Firefox browser to see its perspective.

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 <select id="mySelect126" onchange="myFunction126()">
   <option value="Audi">Audi
   </option><option value="BMW">BMW
   </option><option value="Mercedes">Mercedes
   </option><option value="Volvo">Volvo
         </option></select>

 }}}

 For some reason the myFunction126() script is missing.  It shows nothing
 instead of (from the code source):

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 <script>
 function myFunction126() {
     var x126 = document.getElementById("mySelect126").value;
         document.getElementById("demo126").innerHTML = "You selected: " +
 x126;
                 alert ("New selection!  x126 = " + x126);
 }
 </script>

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41881#comment:3>