[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39451: Javascript error when link_manager_enabled ( WP_Widget_Links) and theme supports customize-selective-refresh-widgets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 12 21:13:49 UTC 2017

#39451: Javascript error when link_manager_enabled ( WP_Widget_Links) and theme
supports customize-selective-refresh-widgets
 Reporter:  nikeo         |       Owner:

Comment (by greenshady):

 I've run into this problem too with users.  I've also seen it within a
 plugin of mine that creates a more robust links widget.

 I think this is because the links widget creates "fake" widgets on output.
 Each category of links is wrapped into its own widget markup.  And, the
 customizer JS is looking to match actual widgets.

 Even disabling the `customize_selective_refresh` for the Links widget
 doesn't address the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39451#comment:5>