[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 11 11:18:14 UTC 2017

#38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-
out
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  folletto     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by folletto):

 > CodeMirror has a full-screen mode which we could leverage for the “pop
 out” aspect of this ticket.

 Note that the need "popping out" solves is one of the most requested
 features which is about the sidebar reducing the visibility/width of the
 site (triggering smaller responsive views) ''and'' space available to
 type. Going full screen would cover entirely the page, surely giving more
 space to type, but then making the site completely covered.

 Thus, I don't consider it a solution for the problem it's trying to solve.
 We might it consider as a partial solution, but... I'm not sure about that
 kind of intermediate take considering some people might still like it and
 would get disappointed when we change the implementation to a pop-out
 window.

 > Since there is no site/page toggle in Custom CSS, then the full-screen
 icon would need somewhere else to live.

 If we're still working toward that i2 design, I'd still place it where
 it's going to be in the end. Even if it starts being just that icon I
 would still place it there. Maybe we can start with a visible label, to
 avoid the icon to hang alone.

 If we're not sure if we're headed in that direction, then a good
 alternative position would be in the bottom "See CSS History" sticky bar,
 where the "pointer" feature is in i2 (right aligned).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38707#comment:26>