[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of assigned capabilities

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 7 10:42:51 UTC 2017

#16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of
assigned capabilities
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  10sexyapples                  |       Owner:  swissspidy
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by swissspidy):

 @mcgoode

 > But this does not check the roles assigned and their capabilities. Which
 is where I am guessing the improvement needs to be made.

 We don't need to check the roles. The dropdown could just show all users
 with the `edit_posts` capability. Since the caps are stored in user meta,
 this should work.

 As mentioned before, I'll try to look into this as soon as possible.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16841#comment:46>