[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42042: Permalink structure tags are sometimes added to the front the of the structure

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 23 20:06:57 UTC 2017

structure
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90       |       Owner:
  needs-refresh           |
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Changes (by afercia):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch needs-refresh
 * focuses:  ui, administration => ui, accessibility, administration

Comment:

 For accessibility reasons, focus should not be moved programmatically from
 the currently focused button to the input field. When using only the
 keyboard or a screen reader, that's not the expected behavior. Users would
 be confused by the unexpected change of context, not to mention they would
 be forced to tab back and forth multiple times.

 I see and can reproduce the issue with the second tag being inserted in a
 wrong position, but this shouldn't be fixed introducing an accessibility
 regression. Hopefully an alternate solution can be found in time for 4.9.
 If not, I'd say this isn't a critical bug and can be postponed to the next
 minor release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42042#comment:6>