[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42218: General Settings: Description of Email address should be Email Address instead of just Address.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 16 07:59:53 UTC 2017

#42218: General Settings: Description of Email address should be Email Address
instead of just Address.
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chetan200891           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new

Comment (by chetan200891):

 Replying to [comment:3 danieltj]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > > Hi @chetan200891, welcome to WordPress Trac! Thanks for the ticket.
 > >
 > > The field's label is "Email Address" and the description says "we will
 send you an email", so the context seems clear enough to me. Repeating
 "email address" four times in a row seems a bit redundant.

 > Would it not make more sense to remove the word `address` entirely? So
 it'd become:

 > > This is used [...]
 >
 > That way it removes the repetition but still makes sense what it
 does/happens.

 Yes. I agree with you. I have noticed just "address" is also referred as
 kind of Location in our local translation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42218#comment:4>