[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42151: Create a filter to add information to query data saved when SAVEQUERIES is true

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 9 14:20:42 UTC 2017

#42151: Create a filter to add information to query data saved when SAVEQUERIES is
true
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  CrazyJaco              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion
 * version:  trunk =>
 * component:  Query => Database

Comment:

 Thanks for the patch, @CrazyJaco.

 I think this is a bit of a risky change. The idea behind the saved queries
 and the associated debugging data is that a debugging plugin can make
 assumptions about what data is present in the `wpdb::$queries` property.
 If a filter is added here, then that (somewhat weak) contract is broken.

 I wonder if it would be better to add an extra element to the stored query
 data, the value of which is a filterable array of "extra" and arbitrary
 information relating to the query. That way a debugging plugin can use an
 expose that information as it wishes, but without the need to worry about
 which data is present in the stored queries and in what order.

 Related: #41956

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42151#comment:3>