[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41994: New Gallery Widget: Add Media button label should be updated for consistency

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 4 16:09:54 UTC 2017

#41994: New Gallery Widget: Add Media button label should be updated for
consistency
 Reporter:  juhise                               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  needs-patch                                    |

Comment (by helen):

 Replying to [comment:22 westonruter]:
 > @helen That removes the Replace button from all media widgets, so we
 can't do that. It would mean you could never change the an
 image/video/audio after you selected it the first time, right?

 Ah yes, I forgot about the separate edit details part.

 Replying to [comment:24 westonruter]:

 > Or, alternatively, this condition could be based on whether or not
 `$this->l10n['replace_media']` is populated to begin with in PHP.

 Should it check in PHP or in the JS template? I guess that's a matter of
 semantics and maybe ever so slightly performance?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41994#comment:25>