[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use e.g de_DE-formal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 29 19:51:58 UTC 2017

#42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use
e.g de_DE-formal
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  erich_k4wp    |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by viajarapie):

 Hi, the patch didn't work for me either. I cleared the browser cache too.
 I think there's another problem beyond the language codes. In fact, I'm
 only using es_ES and en_GB. The key might be in what @presswizards
 describes in entry #24 above. I checked the source for my problem pages
 (Post Editor for example) and I verified jquery is being loaded twice. I
 checked some other pages and I get malfunction every time jquery is loaded
 twice. The backend pages that work well show only one jquery load.

 I don't know javascript but there seems to be an obvious correlation here.

 Hope you all can help.

 Replying to [comment:55 johnbillion]:
 > @bluesaphyer Can you try clearing your browser cache? The updated JS
 file might be cached in your browser. Failing that, can you try the 4.9.1
 beta?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42574#comment:56>