[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use e.g de_DE-formal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 28 03:58:01 UTC 2017

#42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use
e.g de_DE-formal
 Reporter:  erich_k4wp               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
  needs-testing                      |  administration

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 As noted in comment:41, the language is simply used as an ID, and we're
 only passing a single set of strings, so no need to complicate things :)

 reducing the language tag to the first subtag with `strtok()` should be
 enough for our purposes here.

 Without looking deep into MediaElement.js code, how are they supposed to
 know which language tags are supported and which are not? Unlike in
 [36802], there's no documentation link here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42574#comment:45>