[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 28 03:27:05 UTC 2017

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a
Windows based server
--------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                                |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by highpec):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Hi,

 I have tried all the patches in this thread, and every one causes
 PHP/MySQL to crash completely. I understand code and am certain I'm adding
 the changes to the proper locations.

 Specs:
 WAMP x64 3.0.6
 Apache 2.4.23
 PHP 5.6.25
 MySQL 5.7.14

 Crashes PHP/MySQL (unsure which one, but 1/2 crashes) entirely:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/42609/42609.diff

 Has no impact at all:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/42246

 I love the new Wordpress theme / script editor and want to upgrade my
 localhost installs, but I've tried everything and it does not work.

 Any idea why the patch doesn't work for me -- any idea when this issue
 will be fixed / rolled out in an update?

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42609#comment:25>