[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken links

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 15 19:53:02 UTC 2017

#42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken
links
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by transl8or):

 @ocean90 Do you know why there was the <span>-tag removed in the above
 strings since 4.9

 See 4.8:
 https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/4.8.x/admin/de/default?filters%5Bterm%5D=Downloading&filters%5Buser_login%5D=&filters%5Bstatus%5D=current&filter=Filter&sort%5Bby%5D=priority&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc

 versus
 4.9
 https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp/dev/admin/de/default?filters%5Bterm%5D=Downloading+&filters%5Buser_login%5D=&filters%5Bstatus%5D=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort%5Bby%5D=priority&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc

 I wonder, because I reported the issue (and your answer) to the
 mailprovider and if they can have a look at it and fix it.

 Additional question then was:
 "Ist für Sie nachvollziehbar, warum WordPress die gängige Kapselung von
 Links innerhalb von spitzen Klammern, also so <posteo.de> nicht nutzt?
 Dies schützt in der Regel zuverlässig vor Umbrüchen und
 Fehlinterpretationen einer URL."

 TBH I just can't answer that.

 And it seems its just a problem of the german translations, where we
 decided to have a   before the … so that it's consistent and
 Duden-conform everywhere.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42519#comment:2>