[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42553: IE11: content loss when editing a post (Object doesn't support property or method 'matches')

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 15 13:49:24 UTC 2017

#42553: IE11: content loss when editing a post (Object doesn't support property or
method 'matches')
-----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by Clorith):

 The `Object doesn't support property or method 'matches'` error also
 appears when using return to add a newline, needs a double-tap or to be
 part of a sequence of keystrokes to not be blocked.

 I'm also seeing an empty line at the end of the visual editor get moved to
 the top of the editor when switching back and forth between text and
 visual mode, although it isn't consistent so I suspect a race condition
 somewhere for this one.

 Can consistently reproduce the losing of paragraphs by quickly swapping
 between text and visual mode.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42553#comment:4>