[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42381: Wordpress update does not check if database structure/scheme on existing site is equal to how it would be on a new install

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 11 16:09:34 UTC 2017

#42381: Wordpress update does not check if database structure/scheme on existing
site is equal to how it would be on a new install
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mike_vl            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by mike_vl):

 Hi, I've taken some time but finally tested the approach suggested above.

 My db_version is 38590. There is an unique constraint on column slug  in
 wp_terms.
 As suggested I lower db_version by 1 to start db_delta().
 I visit wp-admin and the database update screen is presented. I start the
 update, wait a bit and am returned to wp-admin dashboard.

 I check the db_version in wp_options: it has been updated to 38590.

 However the unique constraint is still present. Without any errors logged
 by wp_debug.

 Since this trac another trac has been opened by a user with similar
 problem: [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42422]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42381#comment:2>