[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 30 14:30:45 UTC 2017

#40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't
enabled
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Joen                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by pento):

 Yah, I agree about `$is_nginx`, that's a little overkill.

 I don't really like fixing it only in `wp-api.js`, as then it's only fixed
 there, rather than fixed for anything that talks to the REST API.

 Do we have examples of the REST API being broken by the server only
 accepting HTTP/1.0 methods? If so, we could look at a more generic
 solution, but otherwise, I think a small change for weird behaviour in a
 popular web server is appropriate.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40886#comment:4>